Once an award has been approved by the
award, the Awards Chairperson will notify the individual and the
IFCA Bulletin editor of same. The Awards Committee Chairperson will
also notify the Publicity Director for future announcement of awards
- With the exception of the OUTSTANDING SERVICE AWARD and the
INDIAN FANTAIL HALL OF FAME award, each member is responsible for
his/her own submission and/or application for a particular award.
Each District Director has been provided a complete packet of
application forms. You must contact your Director for them.
All nominations or applications will be sent
to the Awards Committee Chairperson.
- Upon receipt of nomination or application, the Awards
Committee Chairperson will notify the IFCA Board of Directors, via
letter, for consideration.
- The IFCA Board members that are
Directors should solicit input from their district members on
certain matters (example: the Breeder Recognition Points: each
Director must contact sufficient district members to determine if
the applied for new color, mark or pattern is either already in
existence or is being worked on by a district member. Then and
only then , cast your vote.
Any procedure question that may occur not
fully covered in this document, will be received by the Board of
Directors and the Awards Committee.
- The IFCA Board of Directors is the governing
body; the makeup of the Board is defined in the IFCA Constitution
and By Laws.
- The appointed IFCA Awards Committee will be
charged with specific procedural and monitoring duties.
- All applications/nominations for awards must be made, in
writing, to the Awards Committee Chairperson.
- The Awards Committee will communicate all nominations to the
Board for their approval (Note: each IFCA Director is
automatically a member of the board. It is the Director’s
responsibility to communicate with his/her district members before
voting on most matters.)
- The Awards Committee Chairperson will maintain permanent files
of all transactions, points, show records and awards given.
- A duplicate set of Show Records (only) will be held by the
IFCA Bulletin Editor.
- The IFCA Secretary-Treasurer has the
responsibility of verifying registered band numbers, positions held
and continuity of membership.
- The Awards Program is retroactive to the 1981 Show Year.
In association with the NPA, this award is to
recognize continued service, past or present, of the highest quality
in helping build the IFCA, service to its membership and the
development of the Indian Fantail.
- The individual(s) must be nominated by an
active IFCA member. The nomination will be reviewed by the IFCA
Board of Directors; if sanctioned by a majority vote, it will be
presented to the NPA. The NPA will award their OUTSTANDING SERVICE
AWARD certificate on behalf of the IFCA. This award will take place
at the NPA Grand National banquet.
- The nominee(s) must be an active IFCA
member in good standing for no less than 2 years and have bred
Indians for no less than 3 years.
- Any suggested changes, deletions, additions, amendments or
issues regarding the Awards Program and its intent or function, may
be raised by any IFCA member and submitted for consideration to the
Awards Committee and the IFCA Board of Directors; any and all
considerations, changes, deletions, additions, or amendments
submitted must, however be considered by the Awards Committee, the
IFCA Board and voted on and approved by the IFCA membership before
becoming effective and inclusive.
- All matters not covered by the foregoing rules, procedures and
administrations thereof and all disputes, whether they be
procedural, administrative or member oriented, shall be administered
by the IFCA Board of Directors and their decisions shall be final.